Prep Time: 0 Hours 10 Mins
Cook Time: 0 Hours 20 Mins
Total Time: 0 Hours 30 Mins
3 packages of instant ramen, flavor pack discarded
2 tbsp. begetable oil
1 lb. sirloin steak, sliced against the grain
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. minced ginger
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. lightly packed brown sugar
1 c. chicken (or beef) broth
pinch red pepper flakes
1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
3 green onions, thinly sliced
Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cook ramen noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Toss beef with cornstarch. Add to skillet and cook until seared about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add sesame oil to skillet and stir in garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute then add soy sauce, brown sugar, and broth. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the sauce is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and carrots then cover the skillet with a tight-fitting lid and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return beef to skillet and stir until completely coated in sauce. Stir in cooked ramen noodles and green onions. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.