Prep Time: 0 Hours 20 Mins
Cook Time: 0 Hours 20 Mins
Total Time: 0 Hours 40 Mins
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 6 oz. andouille sausages, sliced (can also use kielbasa instead if you do not like spicy food)
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 (15 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and bell peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes, then stir in chicken and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook until the chicken is golden, about 5 minutes, then stir in andouille sausage, garlic, and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, rice, and Old Bay. Reduce heat to medium low, cover with a tight fitting lid, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is almost absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in green onions just before serving.