Yields: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 0 Hours 10 Mins
Cook Time: 0 Hours 15 Mins
Total Time: 0 Hours 25 Mins
- 1 pound penne
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole medium onion, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vodka
- One 14-ounce can tomato puree or tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 generous pinch red pepper flakes, plus more if needed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Saute the garlic and onions in 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until soft.
- Pour in the vodka, being careful if your stove has an open flame (remove the pan from the heat before adding).
- Cook and reduce for 2 to 3 minutes, then pour in the tomato puree. Stir the mixture until it’s thoroughly combined, then reduce the heat to low.
- Pour in the heavy cream. Stir to combine, then turn heat to the lowest simmer possible.
- Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Pour the drained pasta into the sauce and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan, then sprinkle on more red pepper flakes if desired.