Prep Time: 0 Hours 10 Mins
Cook Time: 0 Hours 20 Mins
Total Time: 0 Hours 30 Mins
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 cups small broccoli florets
1 cup small sliced mushrooms (if you do not like mushrooms you can add more broccoli instead)
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. cornstarch
Salt and peper to taste
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tbsp. of oil
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer – you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the vegetables back into the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a bowl whisk together the oyster sauce, chicken broth, sugar, sesame oil and sot sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tbsp. of cold water.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, with rice if desired.